Monday, January 9, 2017

Thingy


Have you ever wondered why God has so many names?

Seriously, if you study the bible you know that God himself has many different titles.

That would drive me crazy if it was me!  One name is enough, thank you!

I think I may know why this is so.

When you need something to complete a task, but forget what the name of it is, what do you do?

You say to your assistant (if you have one) "Pass me that thingy."

Other names are "whatchamacallit" "widget" and "whoozit".

If you want the translation, it's roughly "Get me the object that gets the job done in the best way possible".

The project will be stalled until the item is delivered to your eagerly awaiting hand.

We know we need something, but we are not always sure what the thing is.

God's names are like that.

We need a Savior.  His name is Jesus.

We need a provider, he has a Hebrew name for that.  (I can't spell or say it properly so I won't bother trying to impress you!)

He is what you need.  He has a name for it.

All you have to do is hold out your hand and ask...

No comments: