Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Blah!


How do you snap out of a bad mood?

Yesterday I was in a funk.  Not just because it was a Monday, it felt deeper than that.

We had a busy weekend, filled with a lot more activity than usual and I felt I was OK going to bed Sunday night.  Then in the morning I just felt "off".

All day I struggled just to really CARE about anything.

I'm older and wiser, so I know these feelings pass eventually, but I was used to a few hours or half the day...but ALL DAY?

I just could not bring myself to a place of clarity, so I chalked it up to being tired and needing some sleep.  I knew that if it lasted a second day, there could be an issue either physically or mentally.

Well, I am happy to say that it's Tuesday and things are sort of back to normal.

Am I missing a trick here somewhere?  Should I have done something to lift my spirits?

I am sure there are going to be many days when we feel spent and apathetic and there are no real reasons to feel that way.

It seems like feelings are made to be experienced, but not a guide for life ultimately.

If I was to follow my feeling on a lot of things, I think my life would be very different.

I am thankful for God.  He's constant.  He never changes.  That gives us hope doesn't it?

No comments: