Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Answered Prayers


I don't know if you know the joy of having answered prayers.

If you do, you know that the answers you get are not always what you expect.

As a Christian, I have learned from the scriptures that those who believe are encouraged to pray.

That means talking to God (who you cannot see) and asking Him for help in things you cannot do yourself.  We are supposed to pray and believe that the things we are praying about will be done.

This raises some questions that you have to settle in your mind before you begin.

"Is the thing I am praying about something I can do but I just don't want to?"

"Does my prayer involve making someone do something I want them to?"

"Is there a real basis for my request?"

"Is it OK to ask to be a millionaire?"

There are more questions and I would suggest you do your own digging to get more answers to other questions about prayer.

I prayed about two things recently and had almost immediate developments on BOTH issues.

One involved the sale of something big.  I got the price I was asking for, with the least amount of drama I have ever had!  It went so smoothly, it was like a dream transaction!

Cool.

Then there is the other thing...

This one involved a relationship thing that someone who I care about was going through.

What happened in that situation, was not what I expected.  I am still not sure how this one is going to turn out but I am trusting God that His influence is being felt.

Relationship prayers are a little more tricky because the wills of two or more people are involved.

God, as I have learned, will always allow you to make up your own mind about things.

That's called freedom.

So it's still a wait and see on that particular situation, so my wife and I are still praying.

If you're looking at a difficult situation, relationship issue or just want a transaction to go smoothly...why not pray about it RIGHT NOW?

You learn to pray the same way you learn to play a game or ride a bike, you just do it!

No comments: