Tuesday, October 9, 2018

TV or not TV?

Photo by Tina Rataj-Berard on Unsplash

We don't have a cable or satellite television service anymore.  Not for a few years.

Over the holidays, we were visiting family and the tube was on. 

We were sort of half watching a movie and it was on a network, so there were commercials. 

Not being used to the interruptions, I found the ads VERY annoying...and STUPID!

I have been away from the world of commercials for longer than I thought!  What's happened?

I felt myself getting dumber the more I watched! 

Then as the time got to be after midnight, the movie STILL was not over because of the amount of ads!

The ads stretched a two hour movie into almost three!

Since it was after midnight, the tone of the ads changed to very sexual!  Wow!  Awkward!

I don't think I will be signing up for cable anytime soon, but it's got me thinking.

When you leave something for a while then try and come back to it,  it's always different.

I used to take my coffee with two sugars for years, but for the last  five or six, I have done just cream.

I was recently at the coffee shop and they got my order wrong and put sugar!  YUCK!

It was so bad!  I don't know how I could have had that much sweetness before!

But I did!

Maybe there is something you need to spend time away from, in order to discover the benefits of NOT having it!

It could be TV or it could be social media, or YOUR PHONE!  Only you know!

No comments: