Monday, October 1, 2018

Death Obsession

Photo by Valeria Almaraz on Unsplash
This is the time of year when we discover how obsessed with death we are.

If you go to any department store, you will find a section with fake blood and costumes that reveal our fascination with all things morbid!

It's such a big deal, it seems that Christmas is just a side note!

I admit, it's an interesting time of the year, but it's got me thinking about something really different right now.

I was reading about dead things in the bible, specifically about this man called Abram.

He wanted kids.  He wanted a family legacy.  It wasn't happening.  His wife was well past the age of having any children so it looked like that dream was dead.

The something happened.

God stepped in and said "I know it looks like death.  I know it looks like it's final.  I know you have all but given up, BUT nothing is impossible!"

And wouldn't you know it, out of the dead situation, a new birth happened!

Maybe for you, you have all but given up on your marriage.
Maybe you have given up on getting freedom from an addiction.
Maybe you think your relationship with your kids is dead.

Don't let death be your obsession!

God says, I know what you want and I can bring life to it!

When the news came to Abram and his wife, they laughed!  They thought it was funny that God would joke around with them like that!

We think we know better, we think we know what God can and cannot do!

Think again!

(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. — Romans 4:17

No comments: