Monday, March 7, 2016

The Play's The Thing...

Here's looking at you....uh...Beast!

This weekend I went to see a big time professional play in Toronto!

It was a Broadway play, but not on Broadway.

Not sure why the street name makes a difference.

If a play is good and it's on Walter Street, does that mean it's less of a hit?

The play was called Beauty and The Beast and it was the Disney version!

If you were a parent in the 90's you have a worn out VHS of the movie somewhere!  If not you could pick one up for a dollar at any Value Village! It's a "Tale as old as time...", which for VHS was a long time ago!

Well, no need to adjust the tracking heads on this version...it was LIVE!  Dancing forks and knives and everything!

The play was great, everyone hit their marks and the songs were all on pitch.  Great time.

We even got a backstage tour courtesy of my dad who is the cast and crew transportation El-Capitan!



I have been in a few live plays and I know the whole vibe of the production.  It's fun and hectic.

One play I was in was The Sound Of Music and I was the butler.

My character became a Nazi in the end.  Oh well.  At least I didn't have to sing.

I would have taken a picture inside the theater in Toronto, but the Nazi, I mean the usher did not allow us.  There were rules apparently.  Anyway.

It was a great time and a great experience!

Thanks Pops!



No comments: