Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Small Miracles and The Lost Keys!

I bought a truck in 2013.

It's a 1996 Ford F-150 with about 225,000 kilometers on it.



It's been a great vehicle, it was well taken care of and not driven much given its age.

The cost to me has been very little.

I paid cash for it and it's helped me make money.  So I am happy with it.

I have had to replace the starter and a couple other little things, but for the most part it's not cost me a lot to drive.

Since moving to Barrie, I have not needed it to do much except get me to LIFE and back every day.

If anything major ever broke down on it, I think I would have to let it go because, it would not make sense to sink money into something that old.

My mini-miracle story begins here.

About two months ago, the truck started to make a very alarming "clunk" sound under the drivers seat area when I would turn a corner.

I immediately see dollar signs in my head whenever a vehicle makes any noise out of the ordinary.

I looked under the truck fully expecting to see something loose or broken.  Nothing.

The clunk continued for a month because I did not want to bring it into the garage to get "bad news".

I guess you could compare it to someone not wanting to go to the doctor because they are afraid of what they might find.  (Ironic Side Note:  I was going to the medical lab to get some blood work done when the "clunk" started!)

The truck runs well and never really exhibited any other glitches other than this noise, so I prayed to God.

The prayer was something like "God, I cannot afford to fix this truck right now, and I need it to get to work and back.  Please help me to find this problem and get it fixed.  Amen"

Fast forward to about two weeks ago.  I had some things to do before heading home from work, so I stopped at a department store.

When I was done, I went home, pulled into my driveway only to discover that my house keys had fallen off my key ring and I was locked out.

Rats!

Where did I drop them?  At work?  At the store?  Now what?

My search began in the seat of the truck, maybe they worked their way into the cushion.

Nope.

OK, now I look on the floor.  Nothing.  Now I am getting anxious.

I flip on the flashlight app on my phone and look under the seat.

Nothing there but this...


It's a full can of undercoat that I never used this fall.

No keys.

I put the can on the passenger seat and headed back to the store. 

That's when I notice that while I am driving, the "clunk" is noticeably absent.

I wonder...what's going on?  God, are you working here?

I pull into the store parking lot and as I approach the space where I parked...I see them!

My keys!

They were laying on the snow, plain as day, and nobody had touched them!

I said a big "Thank you, Jesus!", then grabbed them and drove home!

All the way home, no "clunk"...none.

Was the truck fixed by some miracle?

Yes and no.

That big can of undercoat was rolling around under my seat the whole time, causing the "clunking" noise!

It took me losing my keys to even look under the seat!

I felt relieved, joyful and a bit silly all at the same time!

I had prayed about this whole thing earlier, so I believe God was involved in helping me discover the true "problem".

But, it's HOW he did it that was so wonderful.  It was something that I can only say, HE did!

How many of the things that cause us stress, are really just cans of asphalt rolling around under our butts, causing a bunch of noise?

Take some time and bring those things to God.

Trust Him to work it out, then share your story!

Gotta run!



No comments: