Thursday, August 14, 2014

Selfies and Dating Profiles...the Horror...the Horror!




Selfies. 

I have taken my fair share...

No longer do you have to wait for an appointment with a photographer, or get someone else to take a picture of you, you can do it yourself! 

When you share these photos with others, which is the whole point, they represent you in the truest sense!

YOU are the subject and YOU took the picture!

Selfies are popular, no doubt. 

So why has New York State made them illegal? 

Well, I should qualify. "Tiger selfies” are now illegal in New York State. Apparently it's popular for young men to pose with these big cats at travelling side shows and fairs, and then post them to their dating site profile! 

So wrong! 

It's dangerous for one, and if this is how you represent yourself to potential dating prospects, what is it saying? 

 "If you want someone with absolutely NO common sense, I'm for you!"

Since you can't take a selfie with a tiger any more in New York, what will be the next thing to pose with to attract a date? 

" Here's me with a live grenade!"

While we are on the topic of the internet and silliness in general, I saw an online dating ad on TV for people 50 and up that said you have to be 18 or older to join.  Duh!

The thrust of the spot was that men and women that reach this age and find themselves single, do NOT want to go through the whole "getting to know you" phase and just want to find someone to sit around and watch TV with.

But that's only if they're being honest.

Speaking of honesty, how about this guys profile...


Not getting murdered would certainly be top of my list!  Without a doubt! 

It makes me think though, is there a site that you can join where you CAN actually CHOOSE that perfect killer for you? 

E-Disharmony?  LavaDeath? Un-Match?

I have been married for 27 years, so dating for me means something different.  We still do a "date night" but somehow the internet IS always involved!  

That's my fault.

I just like to post Facebook updates every time we go out!  What ends up happening though is that "online" friends think we are out ALL the time!

Some examples...

Smokes Poutine.

Darien Lake, NY

Orillia.

Buffalo, NY.

Niagara Falls

See what I mean?  The "date" MUST be shared!

"Where do you want to go tonight, babe?"

"I don't care, as long as they have Wi-Fi!"

LOL

No comments: