Monday, August 20, 2018

Belly Laughs

At Ben's Kitchen and Bar in Brantford.
So I'm up for trying new things, and it usually works out for the good!

I was asked to come and perform as part of a comedy show in Brantford recently.

It's a two hour drive from, Barrie so I carefully considered why I would do it.

  • It's a chance to practice a new bit.
  • It's a different audience.
  • It's a chance to have an adventure with my wife.
  • It's a chance to meet new people.
  • It's a chance to go out for dinner.
  • It's a chance to enjoy giving the gift of laughter.
  • It was a chance to learn from other comedians.

It was NOT a chance to make a lot of money, none in fact!  I was out of pocket for the night for gas money and spicy pad-thai. 

One fellow who performed shot toilet paper at an audience member with a leaf blower!

What is happening?
Ya, it was a wild night!

I had never performed in a restaurant before, so I was unsure what to expect. 

The people that were there had a great time and I think the night went well.

I guess if there is a lesson to learn, it would be this:

Do things for the sheer experience!

No comments: