Monday, June 12, 2017

Time




A show I enjoy watching is Doctor Who.

It's the adventures of a man who can zip about through time in a spaceship.

He has amazing adventures and usually takes along a companion or two.

Here's the thing about the show I love and hate.

Time travel is a myth.

I believe we can't do it.

I want it to be true, but in my heart I know it's just a a fantasy that allows the story tellers to create a
world where almost anything can happen.

Why do I think time travel is a myth?

Because no one has come back from the future to tell us it's possible!

(It could also be because the "future people" don't want us to know.)

I read a quote recently that left me thinking about time.

It says that "the evidence for the concept of time is circumstantial".

I think it means that we see what "looks like" the passage of time, but it's really the effect of decision being made in the now.

We are "old" only because we are experiencing the effects of a daily routine of decisions and natural occurrences.

We only posses the present moment.

"What about prophecy?"

Good question!

I think the same principle applies.

Because of a decision made, only one outcome can occur.

God sees the end from the beginning because He's smarter than we are.

He lets us have a peek once in a while.

What do you think?

No comments: