Friday, November 6, 2015

A Blessed Anniversary!

My wife of 28 years, Rose Gale!

It's been 28 years since Rose and I said "I do".

The story of our marriage is unusual and is still being told.  I will bring you up to date if I can.

We met in church, in North Bay.  I was in college and she was working for an insulation company.

I was a skinny brokenhearted person who wanted to throw my whole life into this thing called Christianity.  She was just as enthusiastic about God, and it caught my eye.  She was so bold about her faith, it was attractive!  She was stunningly beautiful.  Wow, did I have a shot?

We began to date (with the official sanction of our pastor...lol) and I knew I should scoop her up before anyone else figured out how awesome she was!

I took her out for Italian food and then we took a walk to the North Bay waterfront, where we braved the rocks to sit on the very edge of break-wall of the harbor next to a guiding light for the boats.  (A fitting description of marriage now that I think about it!)  There I opened a ring box and popped the question.  She said "Yes"!

All I knew about marriage could have fit into a tube of chap stick.  I was so clueless.  It's embarrassing now to think about how much I did not know before jumping into it!  I have apologized to Rose many times for not being more prepared and less selfish, but we have lived and learned!

In our 28 years we have had three wonderful kids, we've moved 19 times, had 14 vehicles, recovered from injuries and surgeries, had plenty and had little.

We are now empty nesters and are off on our new adventures together.  It's a new stage of life and I am blessed to have Rose with me as we walk the road together!  We support each other in our weaknesses, encourage each other to chase our dreams and trust God for the future!

Happy anniversary, Rose!  I love you!




1 comment:

TKICBS said...

Congratulations guys! You sure you don't want to start a new batch, lol.