Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Git 'er Done!






It's a popular saying, made famous by "Larry the Cable Guy".


"Git er Done!"


I want to share some thoughts about doing "things".


With life happening at faster and faster pace, sometimes we can overlook doing quality work over just "getting it done".


Quality Work vs Just Getting It Done


Which would you rather have? Do you have to choose?


I have had to learn the lessons of work in the course of my life and here's what I have found.


Quality work gets rewarded with...more work! (And financial rewards to) What this means is that, when more work is sent your way you have to be very careful not to take on too much, because that can lead to just trying to get it all done. This is where quality can go out the window if you are not careful.


I have often been self-employed and I have had to scale back on what work I could do, so I could instead keep the quality up.


So heed my words young person...do the best work you possibly can, but do not compromise quality for the sake of "getting it done."

No comments: