Monday, August 24, 2015

Attitude Change


I'll be honest, I am not a dog lover.

I know this upsets some people, but that's just the way I am wired.

Maybe it has to do with my childhood. Dogs would nip my heels while I rode my bike on country roads.

Horrifying! 

The sound of a dogs bark is like scratching fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

What to do?

Sometimes just a little adjustment in the way you see things can make all the difference. 

So, I have decided to change the way I hear dogs barking.  

To me I am going to hear it as shouts of  encouragement.  

I don't know what they're saying normally but I am going to translate it as, "Todd you're doing great!  Todd, you are so good looking!  Todd, you can do it!  Get out there and follow your dreams!"

So now, I can tolerate those loud piercing blasts of sound, because it's doing me good!

No comments: